Reference Job 361103
Compelling Vision. Progressive Organization.
We are passionate about targeted therapeutics for the right patient. We are committed to the highest quality clinical standards. We are focused on results. We are Molecular Response – a world-class biopharmaceutical service partner. Our mission is to help our clients maximize the benefits of targeted therapeutics and increase the success of their clinical trials. We offer fully-integrated solutions for the discovery and application of molecular markers that are predictive of patient response in clinical trials. If you share these values and passions, this is the environment for you.
Our Bioinformatics Scientist will be a computational biologist who will participate in discovery research. The optimal candidate will have demonstrated expertise in data-mining, complex data visualization, and statistical analyses. Additionally, the successful candidate will have computing skills sufficient to access, manipulate and query large datasets. The person should possess a solid understanding of genomic, microarray and nexgen sequencing informatics and technologies. The candidate will work in a highly collaborative environment with scientists and technicians across the research team and must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
1. Primary duties are to manage and analyze a complex array of genetic, genomic, biochemical data.
2. Investigate, create and develop new methods and technology for project advancement.
3. Design, execute and interpret experiments that contribute to project goals.
4. Contribute to project process within scientific discipline through innovative research.
5. Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses.
6. May participate in scientific conferences and make contributions to publications, scientific journals and patents.
7. May assume leading role in providing solutions to difficult, though defined, problems associated with specific projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Required PhD plus knowledge and skills acquired through a minimum of 2 years’ relevant industry experience.
2. Background and excellent understanding of oncology target biology and contemporary cell biology approaches to drug discovery.
3. Genomic, microarray, nexgen sequencing informatics experience required.
4. Informatics experience in translation oncology research required.
5. Willing and able to work under the pressure of deadlines.
6. Flexible team player, strong interpersonal skills, ability to problem-solve.
7. Exceptional organizational and time-management skills and ability to multi-task with a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy.
8. Detail-oriented individual with above-average communication skills, both written and verbal.
We are located in beautiful Torrey Pines and offer competitive benefits and salaries. Qualified and interested candidates should send a resume with salary requirements to [email protected]
Reference Job 361103
We appreciate your interest in Molecular Response. Visit us at www.molecularresponse.com. We value diversity and are proud to provide a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. EOE.